Friday, June 12, 2009

Girls on the Run

At the 5k- June 6, 2009
While completing my practicum at the Fort Hall Circle of Wellness Diabetes Project I was asked to volunteer my time with an after school program called, "Girls on the Run". Twice a week we met and exercised in all kinds of fun and different ways. We also had lessons varying from self esteem, bullying, community involvement, friendship, and importance of school. GOTR lasted 12 weeks and on the last day we met up with all of the other GOTR sites and participated in the Heart and Sole 5K Fun Run. I am proud to announce 12 out of our 15 girls showed up and rocked the 5k! It was rainy and a bit cold but they all did awesome. I was so proud of each and every one of them. They hardly ever complained and always gave it their all. It was amazing to see how drastically the girls improved. I am also proud to say I am now 15 friends richer! :)


2 comments:

Paul and Aubrey Young said...

Good for you! It looks like you had a really good time, you helped those girls more than you know. I am sure they will always remember you!

Jessie Woolstenhulme said...

That is awesome! I'm sure those girls adored you! I am so proud of you lil buddy. Sorry I haven't gotten you called back yet! it has been a little crazy around here!