Thursday, December 10, 2009

Trimmin the Tree

Ever since we picked our house plans I've been excited for the day we could have a huge Christmas tree. Well, that day is finally here my friends! Yahoo! Jeremy and I couldn't find time to go to Driggs to cut down a tree, so my mom and Lane helped us out. I asked her to find me a big ol' tree and she definitely delivered. I can't believe this "Big Daddy" fit in the back of their little Tacoma!







Jer sure had to tug and tug to get it through the front door. *Please ignore the dead plant in the entry way :)




It was almost as wide in this pic as Jer is tall:

Here's Jer's definition of trimmin' a tree... it involves the saws all ;) Actually, the saws all really was needed. Some of the branches were so long, they were touching the couch and blocking the walkway.



Here is Jer with the broom trying to get the second batch of lights on (we forgot to start at the top). We still need to get a topper, some more ribbon and a few other things, but it sure smells great.

3 comments:

Lauren Ricks said...

Your house looks so adorable. I love big trees too :). We only put lights on ours this year. It would've been a disaster with Paisley around tree ornaments. I love that your whole family dirt bikes, so fun.

Devin and Sari Gundersen said...

All I have to say is JEEZe! Props on getting jeremy to help you decorate!

The Mint Chocolate Chip Inn said...

I bet your house smells HEAVENLY, esp. after the burnt green bean smell cleared out! The tree is awesome, and the pic of it sitting outside the front door is hilarious! Happy first Christmas in your new and ever-so-beautiful home! Nice vase with ornaments in it, btw. :)