Saturday, January 10, 2009

Finally- the end is in sight!



Since ohh... we broke ground on Thanksgiving of 2007, Jer, James, Justin and at times our family and friends have been hard at work building our first home. I'd say it has been anything but short and pretty, but the end is in sight and we couldn't be more excited!


It's looking like we will be packing up and moving into 3434 Golden around the end of February! Hooo-rahh! Jeremy and I spent last week picking out cabinets, shakers, and rock. Meanwhile the Rowsell guys (plus Devin one day) have been siding our lil home. Here pretty soon we are going to take a day and finalize our appliances, tile, carpet, and fixtures. Exciting times are happening here in the Rowsell home! The sheet rocker, Mike, who is by the way the only sub we have brought in besides my Dad and Lane, should be done with the sheet rock this Wednesday. Then it's time for the girls to come in and paint. It would be nice if I had chosen some colors, but I can't make up my mind! I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit stressed. I've had a long time to think about what I want, but as of now- no idea what it's going to look like. I personally like some pretty weird colors and Jer thinks I'm crazy. We'll see...




Here are a few brags about my lovie and what he has done...

  • He passed all of the inspections on our home first time, no problems! (Except plumbing, but that was what my dad did for us...so it doesn't count)


  • The Lead Inspector for Pocatello told him that our home was the best home owner build he has seen in twenty years! Whoot- whoot for JER!


  • And finally, it's amazing to have a home built by my lovie from the ground up, just for us, while he is also working full time while I finish up my schooling and practicums! He's the best. Oh and a lil whoot for me, I will finally be done with school this semester! Hoo-stinkin-ray!

9 comments:

Randilynn said...

that's so awesome!!! congrats, keep posting pics :)

Sheen said...

cute! i can't wait to see the final product! i want to see pics of every square foot. :)

go crazy with color! i love when houses are like that.

where do you guys live?

Casey and Kristi said...

That is exciting!!! It will be so nice for you guys to finally be able to move in!!

Anonymous said...

The house looks awesome Manda Jo! I want to see pictures when you get it painted! You guys have done an amazing job, and congrats on almost being done with school!!!

Jessie Woolstenhulme said...

I love your little home!! I can't wait to come see the finished product!! You do have a pretty awesome hubbie! We are some lucky chics! Love ya girl!(oh and yes...it was your blankie that jentri had!)

Paul and Aubrey Young said...

Your home looks great! I know how you feel, we bought a home last year, but we are fixing it up everyday! I love different colors, so far my kitchen is Green and one of my bathrooms is blue! Have fun it really adds to the house.

Baird Family said...

Jo, i can't believe how much you have gotten done since the last time i was down there! I am going to have to come back down and see it and to see you again!

Adam & Kenzie said...

Cute! It makes me think of that country song "I'm proud of the house we've built!" Ha ha! It looks like it's going to be gorgeous! Congrats! It will be so awesome to have your own home!

Ken.n.Andrea Wells said...

EXCITING! WE WILL HAVE TO STOP BY AND CHECK IT OUT NEXT TIME WE MAKE OUR WAY DOWN. WELL DESERVED I AM SURE, AFTER ALL THE TIME PUT INTO IT. PLUS, IT WILL BE A HOUSE OF YOUR OWN. SEE YA SOON..ANDREA